What We Do
The MLSHS SVAPA Support Committee is made up of parents who actively support the SVAPA students and staff at MLSHS.
- We meet and discuss what is happening in SVAPA
- Meetings are short and friendly
- Participate in making decisions for future learning experiences
- Support the staff
- Maximise and use parental expertise
- Encourage social contact between parents
- Provide suppers for performance nights
- Prepare food for students and staff at workshops
- Raise funds to support the programme, tours, camps, artist visits, workshops, theatre trips, purchase new equipment.
What are the Benefits?
- You can actively participate in your child's education
- Arts students benefit directly from all fundraising events
- Help to purchase new equipment and pay for enriching arts experiences for the SVAPA students across all 4 Arts areas.
- Meet other parents
- Get to know and speak to staff
We have two major fund raisers a year.
- March: A Quiz Night or Wine Tasting Evening. This is a fantastic social evening and a chance to meet staff and other parents. We approach local businesses for donations of prizes. Raffles and a huge Silent Auction are an integral part of this night. A special committee directs this.
- June: The Lawley Art Auction held in conjunction with the Music Support Committee.
- Click Here to Visit the Lawley Art Auction web site
SVAPA Mailing List
The SVAPA Support Committee uses a mailing list dedicated to parents of SVAPA students. We urge all parents of SVAPA Students to join the SVAPA Mailing List. Let others know about it!
Parents of SVAPA Students who want to subscribe to the SVAPA Mailing List
please Click here to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings - To Inform, Seek Input, Give Approvals
Refer to the Meeting Dates on the Home Page
Subscribe to the SVAPA Mailing List to be kept informed of actual meeting dates, times and locations (and lots of other information).
2017 Committee Members
|Members||Marie Molloy, Caroline Whitelock, Helen Davey, Stuart Haluszkiewicz, Rebecca Haluszkiewicz, Michelle Fornaster, Debbie Turner, Justine Hooper-Buttery, Germaine Jeffrey, Katherine Licciardello, Jen Bell, Kathryn Christidis, Cristina Albillos.|
The Convenor runs the meetings and sets the agenda. Sends out updates and reminders. Liaises with the head of department regarding any school matters. Presents reports to P&C general meetings.
Click here to email the Convenor...
The Secretary is responsible for the attendance list, taking minutes and publishing them. Minutes are sent to the Convenor for vetting and emailing. Writes any necessary letters.
Best to like numbers! The Treasurer prepares report for meetings and P&C general meetings. Writes cheques for payments and reimbursements. Basically keeps the committee accountable for all financial dealings.
Help out when needed. Attend meetings to be kept informed and contribute ideas.
MINUTES OF MEETINGS (PDF Format)
A note on the minutes...
The following minutes are in pdf format. The free Adobe Acrobat Reader can be obtained from www.adobe.com.
MINUTES - 2017 - PDF Format
MINUTES - 2016 - PDF Format
- Mar 16, 2016 (includes AGM)
- May 11, 2016
- Jun 22, 2016
- Aug 03, 2016
- Aug 31, 2016
- Oct 26, 2016
- Nov 23, 2016
MINUTES - 2015 - PDF Format
- Feb 18, 2015
- Mar 18, 2015 (includes AGM)
- May 06, 2015
- Mintues for Jun 03, 2015 not available.
- Aug 12, 2015
- Sep 02, 2015
- Oct 28, 2015
- Nov 25, 2015
MINUTES - 2014 - PDF Format
MINUTES - 2013 - PDF Format
- 27 Feb 2013
- 3 Apr 2013 (includes AGM)
- 22 May 2013
- 19 Jun 2013
- 7 Aug 2013
- 4 Sep 2013
- 30 Oct 2013
- 27 Nov 2013
MINUTES - 2012 - PDF Format
- 15 Feb 2012
- 14 Mar 2012 (includes AGM)
- 9 May 2012
- 12 Jun 2012
- 8 Aug 2012
- 5 Sep 2012
- 31 Oct 2012
- 28 Nov 2012
MINUTES - 2011 - PDF Format
- 16 Feb 2011
- 16 Mar 2011 (includes AGM)
- 18 May 2011
- 15 Jun 2011
- 10 Aug 2011
- 14 Sep 2011
- 2 Nov 2011
- 30 Nov 2011
MINUTES - 2010 - PDF Format
- 17 Feb 2010
- 17 Mar 2010 (includes AGM)
- 5 May 2010
- 2 Jun 2010
- 4 Aug 2010
- 1 Sep 2010
- 3 Nov 2010
- 24 Nov 2010