The best laid plans of mice and men...
Occasionally something may go wrong with the mailing list system. Hopefully you can find something of help here.
PROBLEMS SUBSCRIBING and RECEIVING MAIL
Subscribing to a mailing list is reliable. The most common problems are:
- When you click on the email address (to subscribe or unsubscribe), the message "default mail client is not properly installed" is displayed. You most likely don't like to hear it, but the problem is on your computer. A "Default Mail Client" (commonly Thunderbird, Outlook Express or Outlook) has either not been installed on the computer or has failed to correctly register in your computer's registry. In this case, you will need to manually copy the email address, start your email program and then send an email to that address.
- You did not send the subscribe email from the right email address. The mailing list manager will subscribe you with the same email address that you used to send the subscribe email. Please check that you are using the right email address when you send your subscribe email. Eg. If you use your work email, the mailing list send to your work email. Likewise from home.
- You may be subscribed but your spam filter may be blocking the email. Some spam filters are overly aggressive and reject legitimate email or unfairly blacklist certain servers. Please ensure that you allow email from the various moderators.
- You were subscribed, you were receiving mail but you now no longer receive mail. The most likely reason for this is that emails sent to your address have been bouncing. This may be because of your spam filter, your mailbox being over-quota for an extended time (like perhaps when you are on holidays) or sometimes (not too often) your ISP (Internet Service Provider). You may also want to check that your spam filter settings have not changed.
No major problem, just subscribe again.
- Your old email address has changed or is no longer active. This is not a significant problem. If you like, just subscribe with your new email address on the web site (or from the subscribe link at the bottom of an old email from the list). Emails will be still be sent to your old email address for a while but repeated bouncing will result in it being automatically deleted from the mailing list.
Unsubscribing from a mailing list is reliable.
Almost always (like 99%)
the reason that unsubscribing fails is the failure of the subscriber to send the unsubscribe email
FROM the correct email address
TO the correct mailing list.
You must send the email
FROM the email address you are subscribed with
TO the correct mailing list.
First you need to know what address you are subscribed with. Normally it is the email address you received it at (but may not be since your email server may automatically re-direct email - beyond my control). Then you need to send an email FROM that exact same address you are subscribed with TO the unsubscribe address for the correct mailing list (see below).
To Unsubscribe from the P&C General Mailing List:
Simply send an email to email@example.com
To Unsubscribe from the Music Support Committee Mailing List:
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To Unsubscribe from the SVAPA (Special Visual And Performing Arts) Support Committee Mailing List:
Simply send an email to email@example.com
To Unsubscribe from the GAT (Gifted and Talented) Support Committee Mailing List:
Simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If after all that the automatic links still do not work, then please email me email@example.com and I will sort it out.
- Did you send the unsubscribe email from the right email address? You need to unsubscribe from the mailing list using the same address that you subscribed with. Normally is is the email address you received it at (but may not be since your email server may automatically re-direct email - beyond my control). Typically the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email is more reliable than the web site unsubscribe.
- Are you unsubcribing from the right mailing list? There is more than one mailing list that you may have subscribed to. If you are unsure which one you are unsubcribing from, just (individually) unsubscribe from each one. There is no problem unsubscribing from a list that you are not subscribed to.
- Your old email address has changed or is no longer active. This is not a significant problem. Emails will be still be sent to your old email address for a while but repeated bouncing will result in it being automatically deleted from the mailing list.
HOW DO I SEND MAIL TO THE MAILING LIST?
In a word (or two or three if you're picky), you don't. At least not directly. Only moderators can send mail to the list (see below for more information on moderators).
If you would like to mail something to the list, please send it to one of the moderators. Refer to emails from the mailing list to know who the moderators are.
If you are a moderator and would like some help, Click Here